Tips to Marketing Your Business in a Pandemic.
Updated: Sep 7, 2021
This past year has been a difficult and trying time for individuals and businesses. So many businesses, especially in the Restaurant and Retail sectors, have literally been shut down. Although the government has stepped in with many resources for businesses such as the Main Street loan and the Paycheck Protection Program, it is still a frustrating time to be running and maintaining a business. Here are a few tips to help you manage your business during these uncertain times.
1. Keep a positive attitude. Try to focus on the positive sides of your business and what motivated you to start a business in the first place. Keep a positive vibe going with your employees and although many of them are working from home, try to have weekly zoom calls with your team to keep collaboration and comradery going.
2. Keep in touch with your customers. Reach out to customers by touching base with a phone call, text or email. This is a time of isolation for many and by reaching out in some form, it shows your customers or clients that you are thinking of them.
3. Keep working on getting new business. This is actually a great time to reach out to people you have met through networking or referrals. With so many people working from home, it is a great time to contact them.
4. When it comes to marketing, get creative. Host a free webinar about your services or start blogging on your website and social media channels to position you and your company as an Industry expert.
5. Focus heavily on your financial status. Although many individuals and businesses are suffering financially, this is a great time to review contracts you have with various services that you need for your business and access whether you are getting the most bang for your buck.
Lastly, this too shall pass and hopefully we have all learned how to adjust our business model during a stressful and crazy time.