Grow Your Blog Community
Updated: Sep 7, 2021
How Blogging can Grow your Business.
Blogging is a great way to increase traffic to your website, expose your industry expertise and gain new customers or clients. As you gain followers to your blog, it increases inbound traffic to your website. You can also post your blog on social media channels like LinkedIn and Facebook, which brings inbound traffic to your website. Here are a few tips of how blogging can increase your exposure and search rankings:
• Search engines, including Google, Bing and Yahoo!, use algorithms to provide consumers with the most relevant content. They want the consumer to have the easiest and the most proficient experience searching the web for specific keywords.
• When search engines crawl the web, they are searching for external sites linking to your website. External links prove that you are providing relevant and interesting content. A good blog will allow other websites to use you as a reference which creates more traffic to your website.
• Blogs increase your search engine rankings by positioning you as a thought leader in your Industry by delivering fresh content full of keywords.
• Your website should always be evolving with fresh content-a static website is a dead website according to the search engines. A blog allows you to post fresh content on your website each week or month and allows you to establish an authoritative voice in your field.
• Most everyone has heard about keywords and how important they are to SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Search engines rank websites based on the keywords within the site. Websites that contain more of the searched keywords in your industry will rank higher because it is assumed that they will have more relevant content than similar sites.
• Blogs are also a great way to increase customer engagement and establish you as a thought leader, which results in repeat visits to your website.